Monday, February 23, 2009

All things Warhammer

How's it going folks?

I know, I know. I've been quiet lately (blame work). As such an update is in order.

First up, Bregel and Zylashiir of the Oathkeepers Legacy are finally together (awwww) and all set up. This is rather important.
I've had plenty of time to play games lately. I've a villain duo with Sephorus on City of Villains. My wife and I still have a duo on City of Heroes, and recently a duo I have with a good friend hit 50 and they've rerolled.

WAR though.... WAR is best in groups. In mobs. In rampaging armies.
I've no problem wandering through quests and pqs by myself or with random public groups to get the job done and get myself levels. But for the battle, for the fights and for the moments of complete win, it's better with friends. Failing that, with a warband to be in and another to fight.
So with them back, Leggit and Orrekai are pushing up the ranks again.

On the subject of Orrekai. It seems Dwarves are incapable of percieving anything above their own head height when there's Orcs about. Bregel is a fine Ironbreaker. I'm told I'm not a bad Rune Priest.
How then do I explain the fact that our Archmage and Shadow Warrior ended up buried under a mountain of Greenskins?
....There were Orcs to be killin....what'd you expect? And you better believe I can cause some serious AoE trouble.


On to the other war. Warhammer Fantasy!
The Battle for Skull Pass arrived today. Tomorrow I'll be swinging near the GOA offices and eventually tracking down NicGOA. He's getting Dwarves, I'm getting Greenies. Hopefully in a week or two I should have enough assembled and painted (badly) to blog a battle report!

GOA Meet March 9th.
Seems that Dublin Bus (rightly so) has stepped up its industrial action. There are to be no city buses from Sunday the 1st of March until.... some time. It could be that buses are running when everyone is here to meet the lads. It could be that the city is whimpering and curled up in the corner due to no transport. Either way, mark it in the calendar. It's happening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The classic battle! Badly painted Dwarfs vs badly painted Orcs... it's epic already and we haven't even started yet!

Also somehow the planets have aligned and our meeting today happens to be on pancake Tuesday! Woohoo

Cya tonight!

Chefen said...

If you're new to painting remember that there's a technique called dipping (unless you really enjoy painting minis - then stay away from it :) ).

It's very quick and get's you decent results with very little effort. Just remember to be neat when painting.

Try google for some pics (green gobboes with white robes look ace when dipped).

Anonymous said...

To be fair, it's not that difficult to miss whenever Kaelani ends up face-planting, as it happens so much...